Massage may be the oldest and simplest form of healthcare, dating back to 2700 B.C.. Egyptian paintings show images of people being massaged. Julius Caesar was said to have received daily massages, and Hippocrates, the Father of modern medicine, also promoted the benefits of “rubbing”.
Massage Has Many Benefits
• Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
• Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
• Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
• Reduces muscle spasms
• Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
• Promotes deeper and easier breathing
• Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
• Reduces blood pressure
• Helps relieve tension related headaches and effects of eye strain
• Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
• Improves posture
• Strengthens the immune system
• Treats musculoskeletal problems
• And More!